Last week I was trying to configure my Vim in order to allow it to access my OSX clipboard. I tried all the combinations:
And so, but any of them were functioning properly. They either worked for a short period of time, or I got truncated copies.
Then I started to think about other configurations which could interfere with Vim accessing the system clipboard. At some point, I realised that “copy to clipboard” started to fail when I play around with the mouse on my Vim, so I tried to disable the mouse in Vim by removing the option:
.vimrc. After that change, “copy to clipboard”
started to work fine.
Despite the problem being solved, and I don’t really use the mouse in Vim, I wasn’t happy about the idea of leaving its configuration aside, without finding a solution.
I went back to my old
.vimrc version and, before the “enable mouse” command, I found this comment:
In many terminal emulators the mouse works just fine, thus enable it.
And I thought, maybe the problem it had to do with my terminal iTerm
The last step I took was looking for more information about it on the web, were I found this post, which describes the same problem I had, and how to configure iTerm to work nicely with Vim mouse reporting plus clipboard functionalities.
That’s it for today, now I don’t have to remember this configuration any more, it’s saved in my blog.